Tuesday, August 2, 2016

That's What They Said: Open to Interpretation and Trouble

Amalia:  Shhhh!  I don't want the toaster oven to see me!
Me:  You don't want the toaster oven to see you?
Amalia:  No!  It's a bad guy camera!
(sneaks away)


(After being asked not to say "crap" anymore ...)
Baylor:  Mom, when can I get in the pool?
Me:  Wait until the big hand splits the two in half.  (about 2 - 3 more minutes)  That should give your sunscreen enough time to soak in.
Baylor:  That long?!  Ugh!  It's freakin' hot out here!
Me:  (laughter)
Baylor:  Uh oh, did I say "crap"?



(When tending to her dahlias, some of which were giving her fits ...)
Oma:  Baylor, could you ask Aunt Christine if the problem child needs any water?
Baylor:  (after thinking for a moment)  Aunt Christine, does Mollie need any water?



Baylor:  Mom, your thoughts have inspirated me.

No comments: