Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Negotiation Skills: Option 3

We had our first real encounter with Baylor's negotiation skills tonight.  Here's how the exchange went:

Husband Bryson: Okay, Baylor, you have two options.  Option one is that when we get to Oma's house, I will go in, give the cord to Grandpa E, come out, then we'll leave.

Baylor:  I pick option two.

Bryson:  Buddy, you don't even know what option two is yet.  Just listen.  (smiles)  Option two is that we'll ALL go into Oma's house when we get there, but we will ONLY be staying for fifteen minutes.  Do you still want option two?

Baylor: I want option three.

Bryson:  Well, there are only two options.

Baylor:  I pick option three.

Me:  Baylor, what is option three?

Baylor:  Option three is that we ALL go into Oma's and stay for a looooooong, loooooooong, long, long, long, loooooooooong, long, long time ... and then we go to Rivertown.  (His favorite place to ride elevators.)

Needless to say, there was a lot of laughter in the car during this decision-making session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am new to blogging and just stumbled on your blog. Actually I was looking up the correct spelling of "darndest" and that was how I found your blog. I was shocked when I read a few posts and discovered that you also have a son named Baylor! I thought I'd never find another! How funny.

-kristy

(http://southandstrand.wordpress.com/)