Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Little Christmas Town

My mom has always been one to really welcome whatever season it is into her home.  I remember vividly coming home from college for fall break for the first time and seeing that she had "autumnized" the house in my absence; it was a stark realization of what I was missing back at home, and it made me more homesick than I thought I could be.

But I digress.

My mom is an awesome Christmas decorator by nature, and even though there are small children (who could break just about anything) around now, she still welcomes the Christmas season into every nook and cranny of her home.  Baylor was particularly fascinated by one such decoration this year; he got to help Mom line up her Cat's Meow village on the dining room window sills.  I didn't realize that these little painted blocks of wood could be fun for a child, but that just goes to show you how our imaginations change as we age.  Baylor could see endless fun in this tiny town, and he took full advantage of it.  





It's amazing how someone so small can change how you see an object you've known almost your whole life.

No comments: