Saturday, March 22, 2014

That's What They Said: The Amalia-at-3-Years-and-364-Days-Edition

Me:  Amalia, what do you think we should have for dinner tonight?  I was thinking maybe chili and grilled cheese ... does that sound good?
Amalia:  No.  How about grilled cheese and ... tortellini?!
Me:  Well, no.  We had ravioli last night, so we're not having tortellini today.
Amalia:  (annoyed)  Moooom, tortellini is NOT ravioli.  They are not the same thing!
Me:  Yes, they basically are.  They are just different shapes.
Amalia:  Oh.  Well, we could have Baylor's favorite food instead!
Me:  Isn't Baylor's favorite food tortellini?
Amalia:  (thinking)  No, it's some other kind of pasta.  What is it?  What is it?  Hm ...
Me:  I mean, I thought it was tortellini ...
Amalia:  (excitedly)  That's it!  Tortellini!  Baylor's favorite food is tortellini!  We should have that tonight for dinner!  (proud of herself for solving the riddle and finding a dinner solution)
Me:  *sigh*



(While my back was to her as I was washing a dish ...)
Amalia:  Mom!  Mom!  Where did my other hand go?!  Ahhh!
Me:  (after turning around)  Umm ...



Amalia:  I mean, it used to be right here, and now it's gone!  (gesticulates with her other hand the airspace where the missing hand used to be)
Me:  (playing along)  Geez, I don't know.
Amalia:  Did you check my back?



Me:  (after walking around her)  Ah!  There it is!
Amalia:  Yay!  There it is!  And it has my other grape!




No comments: