Saturday, August 23, 2014

That's What They Said: Love, Deception, and Misdirection

Baylor: Daddy, I want to tell you about what happened at Oma's house today.
Bryson: Okay, buddy.
Baylor:  Oma's friend, Lory, was there.  I got to meet her.
Bryson:  Yeah?
Baylor:  Yup, I call her Lory 2.  Because she's the second Lory I've met.
Me:  I see.
Baylor:  And ... (with all the warmth in the world) she's the love of my heart.  (sighs and smiles)  She was so nice to me!


Baylor:  Did you know every day is Mother's Day?
Me:  Oh really?
Baylor:  (sweetly)  Yeah.
Me:  Why do you say that?
Baylor:  (sweetly)  Because we're such good kids to you.



(During a playdate with Mollie's little neighborhood buddy, Ainsley ...)
Me:  Ainsley, if you have to go potty, you need to walk through the kitchen.  I can show you where it is.
Ainsley:  She said you didn't have one.
Me:  Wait, Mollie said we didn't have a potty?
Ainsley:  Yup.
Me:  Amalia!  (to Ainsley)  That isn't true.  We have a few.  Just let me know if you need help finding one.



Amalia:  (from the living room while she and Baylor were building Lego sets)  Mommy, what rhymes with "ancestors"?

No comments: