Friday, June 9, 2017

Last Day of School: First and Third Grades!

I honestly can't believe that today is the last day of school.  The last day of school for the year?!  As in, I will have a second grader and a FOURTH grader next school year?!  Unreal.

When selecting her "last day of school" outfit, Mollie hemmed and hawed over it for a while, ever-so-slightly upset with me for not having her favorite dress clean for the day.  I finally suggested that she could possibly wear the outfit she wore for the first day of school, and she LOVED that idea.



Baylor, on the other hand, knew exactly what he wanted to wear: comfy shorts and his current favorite t-shirt.


It's amazing how much they have grown this year, both in height and in character.  I am so proud of how they did this year, so thankful for the wonderful teachers and school staff that supported and fostered that growth, and so glad for the friendships they made along the way.


Mollie is slowly but surely gaining on her brother in terms of physical height, and she was excited to demonstrate that this morning with a tip-toes picture.


When asked to "pose" for a picture, this is what they think that means.  These two are ready for action!



The thing is, I don't think they are ready for the school year to be over.  Mollie accurately pointed out that they might cry after school lets out this year (I believe Baylor did last year as he got into the car on the last day of school, as well); they love their teachers and their school so much and are going to miss it during the summer.  I am grateful for their school and all the staff within who have made it such a wonderful place that my kids would miss it on summer break and look forward to going back in the fall.

Now, I need to go load a little Alice Cooper into the CD player of my minivan.  School's out for summer!

1 comment:

سيو بارتنرز said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.