Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dam, Dinner, and Dessert!

We took advantage of some lovely weather a couple weeks ago and had a fun little night out in Rockford.  As usual we started off the evening with dinner at Marinades.  Of course, I left the diaper bag in the car, bringing only my purse with me, so I was left with little to entertain the kids.  But Baylor was cool with browsing through my library book (The Happiness Project ... check it out if you haven't yet!) ...



... while Mollie hammed it up for the camera then took it for a spin herself.


After polishing off almost an entire pizza and an order of breadsticks, we went for a walk in the park by the dam.  Mollie was all sorts of excited to get up and run around ... maybe because she was so colorfully decked out in her new dress, necklace, bracelet, and bonnet.


Of course, the enormity of all that water rushing over the dam can stop anyone in their tracks.



For a little while, anyways.



I begged the kids to stop and stand next to each other so I could take their picture.  I am not sure they know what "look at mommy" actually means.


Next time, try to remember not to attempt to take a picture of the kids head-on while standing near a fascinating landscape water feature.  Aren't they adorable, though?


We finished up at the dam and made our way over to Rocky's for some ice cream.



The weather was steamy so our ice cream melted way faster than usual, but we had a great time enjoying it together.  And, in the end, that's all that matters really.

No comments: