Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Random Pictures from June 2012

Like I said in the last post, I've fallen horribly behind on getting pictures up on the blog.  So here are a few random ones from June.

The kids and I went to the Gardens a couple times this month already, and, as always, we had lots of fun.  Mollie may have had a little mischievous fun, but that's a two year-old for you, right?


We saw this squirrel eating from a bird feeder just outside the back entrance of the Gardens and having been around people so often he let me get quite close to snap a few pictures of him.


After we went to Festival this year, Mollie decided that it would be awesome to play her step stool like a washboard.  It was adorable, and Baylor found it beyond hilarious.


Mollie is really getting into pretend play, and the other day she decided to do her dad's hair.  She went through all the steps, washing, drying, brushing ... it was so sweet.


The older he gets, the less I get to see Baylor sleeping.  So I couldn't resist snapping a picture of him sleeping while we were on our way home from a birthday party in early June.


At said birthday party, the kids got adorable little homemade Mickey Mouse bean bags as a party favor, which was perfect since Baylor had been asking me for some and I had been (very) slowly trying to figure out where to get them/how to make them.  (Thanks, Alexis!)  Of course, he then wanted a bean bag toss game.  And not just any bean bag toss game ... he wanted a clown one like Olivia the pig had in her carnival.  So I took out some construction paper, scissors, and a glue stick and went to work.  In the end it was a bit creepy, but the kids didn't seem to mind.


After they finished lunch, they attempted an upstairs sneak, zebra in tow, while I was doing the dishes.


Then, after they were found out, Mollie promptly went to the living room and took every last piece of paper off the box.  It was impressive, her zeal and thoroughness for the task, but it was a bit heartbreaking as well.


As I mentioned previously, Mollie is really into pretend play these days and she has taken to "mommy-ing" her baby doll Sally as often as she can.  It only happened one night, but Mollie insisted on bringing Sally to the table and fed her an entire meal.


The guys watched Mollie's antics and smiled.


I hadn't actually made a smoothie myself in a long time, possibly since I was pregnant with Baylor, but the kids were wanting a sweet treat in the morning the other day and this fit the bill.  Raspberries, strawberries, and bananas ... so refreshing!


Occasionally the kids practice their hand shaking skills with one another, and I'll be honest, it fills my heart with joy.  Of course, they always say, "Nice to meet you!" when in fact they've known each other for quite a while now.  Oh well, no one's perfect.


Bryson's golf outing with his dad and brother on Father's Day got rained out, so we spent some time at my parents' house instead.  Mollie worked on an alphabet puzzle with Daddy ...


... before moving on to help Grandpa E open his gifts.  Look out, Molls, those tongs are going to get you!


June was rough in a lot of ways, but these pictures remind me that, in the midst of dark times, there are always moments of pure joy.  And I am lucky that so many of them are with my two amazing children.

No comments: