Monday, July 30, 2012

That's What They Said: Past and Present

I have been meaning to write something like this for a while; the kids say such hilarious/precocious/adorable things on a daily basis and I want to record them in some way so badly.  So here it is.  Hopefully this will be the first of many such "official" posts.  Enjoy!  (The "past" quotes were taken from Facebook posts; the "present" ones were taken from the few days it took for me just to write this post.)

Past:

Baylor:  (straining) Mollie, don't lay on me!
Amalia:  I just resting!

----

Baylor:  I've gotta take a break (from eating applesauce) ... I need to dance!

----

Amalia:  (upon opening her doll's diaper)  Holy mackerel!

----

Baylor:  (to Amalia)  Let's play nicely.  May I sit with you?
Amalia:  (smiling)  Yes!
Then they read a story together.

----

Me:  Baylor, do you know what I love more than mint?
Baylor:  What?
Me:  You!
Baylor smiles.
Baylor:  Mom, you know what I love more than you?  The elevator ... at Thousand Oaks!


Present:

Baylor, after skinning his knee on our walk:  It looks like ketchup under a bandaid!

----

Baylor, talking about visiting his new baby cousin:  Are they waiting for us?
Me:  Yes.
Baylor: Are they doing it?
Me:  Doing what?!
Baylor:  Taking the baby out.
Me: (relieved) No, they already did that earlier.
Baylor:  They took him out and he said, "Elevator!"

----

Baylor, taking swigs of imaginary liquid out of an empty vanilla extract bottle:  This must be root beer or wine.  It came from the trunk.  It must be wine.
Me:  Wine?
Baylor:  Yeah, wine.  (takes another imaginary drink)  I like wine.








No comments: