Saturday, August 25, 2012

Catching Up with Odds and Ends

I'm not a huge fan of writing odds and ends posts where not all the pictures pertain to one topic, but I have fallen behind a bit on my blog and all the photos I've wanted to share so here we are.

Santa gave one of the kids some silly putty for Christmas last year, and after Mollie discovered it in the drawer one day I thought I'd let her play with it.  She'll be okay as long as she's sitting in her booster seat, I thought.  I thought wrong.



I thought really wrong.


Mollie had been begging to finger paint again for a while, and I finally found a good time to let her go to town with it.  After all, finger painting is a messy affair.


Which is probably why Baylor was perfectly content to play with his Legos.




Mollie is typically a mama-or-nobody kind of gal, but one day she and Bryson actually got to snuggle up on the couch and read together.


I don't think I've mentioned it on here before, but my husband has a mistress who comes along every two years.  She's a five-ringed mistress called The Olympics, and for seventeen days this past July she stole my husband away from me.  The first day alone he was glued to the computer, just waiting to see results and lusting after live streams of all the action.  *sigh*


Mollie decided she wanted a few tattoos a few weeks ago, so I decided to hook her up.  Little did I know that she was after a couple sleeves of tattoos.


Frogs on one arm, butterflies on the other.  Jealous?


Later that day we went to my parents' house to swim and have a funky little dinner.  My dad had been itching to cook some food over the little copper fire pit in the pool area, so he whipped up some hobo pies and brats and away we went.   Challah bread pizza hobo pie, anyone?


Baylor enjoyed a hobo grilled cheese sandwich with his sweet corn.


As did Mollie.


Then, after dinner, we enjoyed a delicious mixed berry pie with a side dish of hilarity, compliments of Mollie.


And, to make this a truly odds and ends post, here is an awesome picture Baylor drew.  When I asked what it was, he told me it was a Fox 17 truck.  (Fox 17 is a local television station around here.)


No comments: