Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Amalia's 2nd Birthday: The Party



So, I'm awesome.  Not only did I delete a large portion of the pictures I took at Amalia's second birthday party, but I am over a month late writing about it.

Enough of the pity party.

On to the real party!  We had the usual suspects over and had a wonderful time.

My sister made some outrageously delicious (and beautiful) cupcakes.



We finally got to use the ice bucket Bryson got as a Christmas gift ... isn't it pretty?


Like I said, I had many more pictures of the day, but most of them got wiped out with a stroke of the key.  This was the last of the ones I had personally taken.  Because it was such an unusually warm day, the kids got to play outside for a while before dinner.  After running around with the other kids a bit, the birthday girl decided to rest her laurels in her wagon and watch the action around her.


After a delicious pizza dinner, one of Mollie's favorite meals, we got down to the business of birthday cupcakes and singing.  





Then it was time for some presents!



Once all the gifts were opened, the kids played in the living room while the adults sat on the periphery and watched the action/chaos.  Baylor, not being a fan of action or chaos, retreated into the kitchen for a little self-imposed quiet time.


It was a great party, low-key and fun, and we were so glad to get to spend time with some special people in our lives.  Thanks to all of those that helped make it a success!  And happy birthday, Miss Amalia!

Oh, and happy birthday to my sister!  I hope today is just as special as you are.  Love you!

No comments: