Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Easter Bunny's First Visit

Yes, I realize Baylor is already three-and-a-half years-old so this should have been the Easter Bunny's fourth visit, but neither Bryson nor I have ever really been huge on celebrating Easter (not being very religious and all) so we never really took the time to do the whole Easter Bunny thing.  Of course, Baylor started hearing about the rabbit's visit from other people, so we had to make it happen this year.  I decided to go with hiding Easter eggs and making it more of a treasure hunt instead of just doing baskets, and it seemed to work out well.  I wanted to just fill the eggs with the kids' Halloween candy, but my mom balked at that so I "splurged" and bought some Hershey's kisses for the treats.

I must say, hiding the eggs was both challenging and fun!  







And the kids had a blast searching for them all!  In fact, they were both more excited about the eggs themselves than what was inside.









They each got to have one of their candies that morning and have had a couple in the day or two following, but since then they have forgotten about the candy almost entirely.  And, of course, Baylor ended up being more upset that I took away the eggs than he was excited to get candy.  Oh well ... next year, little man!

No comments: