Saturday, October 13, 2012

Running Update: Improvement!

So, I've been running for a couple weeks now, and I'm proud to say I've made some improvement!  Instead of running two miles in 28 minutes, I was able to run it in 23:40 this morning!  I could officially join the police academy!  (Not that I want to, but still ...)

I do love running, though, so seeing improvement in my speed is just gravy; I love feeling strong, like I've done something good for my body.  Since I've started running I have actually gained a couple pounds, which I'm guessing (hoping) is due to more muscle on my bones.  Either way, my pants still fit so the numbers don't mean much, right?  And I have a little more energy than I did before, which is really important to me since I typically run low on energy.  Progress, I tell ya, progress!

I still don't have much to occupy my mind while I'm running, but I think about it often and am hopefully going to have that worked out soon.  It would probably make the time go faster, since I'm often running in a time crunch that makes my treadmill time seem to take forever; I want to work out, but I also know I need to be ready for my family when they need me.

Speaking of which, it's time to keep moving through the day!  I hope yours is a good one!

No comments: