Monday, August 26, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 294

Today I am grateful to have kept it together when Baylor started expressing his worries about school before bed.  The little man comes by it honestly; I was a nervous wreck about school ... just ask my parents.  And I'll be honest; I am extremely anxious about him starting full-day, every day kindergarten.  He's my baby and it seems too early.  But it is what it is, and I know he's going to enjoy it soon enough.  Luckily he has a thirst for knowledge; knowledge is something school certainly provides and fosters, and right now I'm using that as the hook, the thing to get him excited about going to school.  Hopefully he and I can both get through this together and come out happier once these first few days/weeks/etc. are over.

I want to fix the situation so badly, want to make this better for him NOW, and this urge makes me search out books and websites and anything and everything I can think of to help.  But, in the end, throwing book after book after everything at the problem isn't going to make it go away; they might help, but the first day of school will still be there and undoubtedly there will still be nerves.

So until those first few days/weeks/etc. have passed, until this becomes our new normal, I will be attempting to hold it together.  We'll see how this goes.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: