Friday, January 24, 2014

That's What They Said: Clarification

Baylor:  Mommy, I need to ask you a question.
Me:  Okay, what is it, buddy?
Baylor: How old are you?
Me:  I am thirty-two years young.  (smiling to myself)
Baylor:  Young?  Are you old or young?
Me:  What do you think I am, Baylor?
Baylor: (after thinking for a bit)  Young.
Me:  Aww thanks, buddy!
Baylor:  Yeah, young because you don't know a lot of stuff.
Me:  Ohhhh, okay.  (sufficiently taken down a notch)




Amalia:  And I wish our car had legs so it could walk!
Me:  That's funny!
Amalia:  Speaking of which ... (pauses) I have a witch.




(As we were doing laundry together ...)
Amalia:  (holding up one of my clean bras by the straps)  Mommy, is this where your arms go?
Me:  Yup.
Amalia:  (grabbing the back of the bra)  And what about this?
Me:  That goes around your back.
Amalia:  (wrinkling her nose a bit and squishing the cups)  Where do these go?
Me:  (smiling)  Right here.  (gesturing at my chest)
Amalia:  Ohh, they go on your bumps.  I got it.

No comments: