Thursday, January 30, 2014

That's What They Said: Changes

Baylor:  Daddy, do you have any more Transformers in the basement that work?
Bryson:  I don't know, buddy.  I don't think so.
Baylor:  We have some of yours up here that work!
Bryson:  Yup.
Baylor:  Wanna see if you have some in the basement?
Bryson:  (asking for clarification)  You want to see if I have some Transformers in the basement that work?
Baylor:  (gleefully)  Sure!



(After watching Star Wars: A New Hope yesterday, Mollie and Baylor pretended they were characters from the movie.  Mollie, hours later, still wanted to be called "Princess Leia" by whomever would do so, so at bed time, in helping her to stay in character, I told her to say to her dad, "May the force be with you."  And she did ... or so I thought.  Just after he left, though ...)
Amalia:  Mommy, what does "horse-bee" mean?
Me:  What?
Amalia:  What does "horse-bee" mean?  You know, "May the horse-bee with you."
Me:  (smiling and chuckling)  Oh, Mollie!  It's, "May the FORCE be with you."  Force, not horse.
Amalia:  (laughed uncontrollably)
Me:  (joined right in)


Amalia:  Mommy, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Me:  (smiling)  You know, Mollie, I don't know?  What do you want to be when you grow up?
Amalia:  (grinning) I want to be a mommy when I grow up.
Me:  Awww, I know sweetie.
Amalia:  But ... I don't want to take care of my baby's poopy diapers.  Sooooo ... I change it to a ballerina.

No comments: