Monday, February 13, 2012

Is That How You Dress for the Super Bowl?

None of us were really rooting for anyone in particular in the Super Bowl this year, so we instead chose to focus our attire-related cheering efforts to our beloved Spartans, who were playing our in-state rivals, the Wolverines, earlier in the day.

Hey look!  There I am looking halfway decent!  (Thanks for snapping a picture of me, Mom.  I like everyone to know I'm still alive every now and then.)  Baylor and I were just messing around with some Qwirkle tiles.



Mollie, meanwhile, waited for ...


... and enjoyed a clementine.




Then the kids spent some time reading with Aunt Christine.


And Mollie worked on memorizing family member faces.


In no time, though, Mollie was hungry again, so she set off to mooch from my mom.


We had a lovely Mexican meal: tacos, homemade guacamole (for those that enjoy it), homemade applesauce, rice, salsa, chips, and fresh berries.



We all ate and enjoyed dinner, but in seemingly no time at all, Mollie was hungry again.  Growth spurt, anyone?


My sister, gifted baker she is, treated us to some homemade cream puffs, filled with homemade pastry creme!

Aaand covered in chocolate!  They were delicious!  As Olivia's mom would say, Christine is a "magician in the kitchen."



We had a fun-filled evening at my parents' house.


Go Green!  (And congratulations to the Giants!)

No comments: