Friday, February 3, 2012

Weirdest Cold Ever

Last Saturday, the kids came down with the weirdest cold ever.  We were first made aware of such illness when Mollie woke up at 2:00 a.m. throwing up.  As far as minor illnesses go, the stomach flu is my worst nightmare (the smells, the sights, the clean-up ... ughhhhhh), so needless to say I didn't sleep well that night or have a very good day the next day.  And Mollie, poor, sweet girl needed lots of cuddles and rest.




She tried to sit up to snuggle next to me but ended up slumping over onto my leg.  It was the saddest sight.



(P.S.  I just love that this is one of the only recent pictures I have of myself.  On the one day I didn't shower in the past YEAR!  *deep breath*  Okay, I'm over it.  Very small price to pay to comfort my girl.)


The really weird part was that she seemed to have a cold, too.  And the last stuff she threw up looked weird, more mucus-y than former food-ish.  (Sorry if that was an over-share.)

Baylor got a cold that day, too, so we just sort of hunkered down.  Most of the week was spent either at home or at my parents' house resting and having fun, because most of the time they were just all sniffles, snot, and coughing.  Lovely picture, huh?

Which is probably why I was so surprised when Baylor started throwing up yesterday morning.  Seriously.  Six-or-so times in a few hours, all of it mucus-y ... like that was all he had in his stomach.  So it appears that this bizarro cold has so much gunk to go with it, that if you're not getting it out of your nose, you'll be throwing it up later on.

Baylor was not himself yesterday, which is really putting it mildly.  He asked very few questions, moved around very little, and fell asleep both on the floor and on the couch.


He did let me know, however, that he was NOT sick.  He just, as he put it, had "coughing, throwing up, and crying."  Luckily, later in the day, things were reduced to just "coughing".


I'm ready for this cold to pass the kiddos ... I want them back to their usual selves, as exhausting as that might be.  It's tough not to have them at their spunky best!

No comments: