Sunday, March 11, 2012

Budding Artists

For an incredibly long time when I was a kid, I wanted to be an artist when I grew up.  My talents didn't match my desire, so my dreams of sculpting and painting a way to a living were put by the wayside for more realistic goals.  But that doesn't mean I don't still LOVE a good art project session ... especially with the kiddos!

Mollie chose fingerpaints-with-a-brush as her medium.



While Baylor decided to use watercolors to create his masterpieces.


Eventually Mollie tried to put her fingers into the gooey paint, but she was nonplussed by the experience.

Baylor's first piece of artwork was a picture of me ... I'm apparently the smiley face in the upper right-hand corner.



He soon followed that up with a much more impressive picture, though.  And here it is ... "Tow Truck" by Baylor.


Mollie really got into swirls for her first picture, and though it got ripped when we untaped it from the counter, it was definitely worth keeping.

I can't wait for art time again soon!

No comments: