Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When I Am Your Age ...

Tonight as I was putting Baylor to bed, he started talking about himself at my age (I'm assuming he meant 30 and not that we'll eventually be the same age).  He said that when he is my age he'll get to sleep in my bed.  I said, "Well sweetheart, you probably won't live with me when you're my age.  You'll probably live in a different house, and you might even have a family of your own!"

"No," he replied, "I will live with you."

I smiled, remembering how I wanted to live with my parents forever when I was his age, and we walked to the bathroom so he could use the potty before bed.  As he was washing his hands, he started talking again about living with me, and I told him that we probably wouldn't live together but that hopefully we'd live very close to each other so I could see him a lot.

"No," he replied, "I will live with you in an apartment."

I smiled.  Today was a rough day and he and I had butted heads quite a bit, but it was so nice to know that, at the end of the day, he still loves me.  Because boy, do I love him!

No comments: