Friday, May 16, 2014

That's What They Said: Honesty, Brutal and Otherwise

(I gave Baylor a kiss.)
Baylor:  Mommy, I am rubbing in that kiss.  (rubs cheek softly)  You know why I am rubbing it in?
Me: (smiling)  No, why?
Baylor:  I am rubbing it in because that kiss had love in it.
Me: (overwhelmed)  Aww!
Baylor:  See, and when I rub it in, the love gets stored!


(my mom, talking to Baylor about his walk-to-school experience ...)
Oma:  Baylor, when I was in school, we walked to school every day!  Can you believe that?
Baylor:  Why?  Because there weren't any cars yet?



Amalia: (crying while I'm driving)  Mommy, I want to see a dinosaur NOT at the museum!
Me: (slightly exasperated)  Like a REAL dinosaur?
Amalia: (cries harder)  Yeeeessss!
Me: (sighing)  Mollie, I'm sorry to tell you this, but dinosaurs aren't alive anymore.  They died a long time ago.  The ones we saw at the museum were just robots.
Amalia:  (surprisingly eases up on the tears)  They aren't around anymore?
Me:  Nope.  They died a long time ago, sweetie.
Amalia:  So were they around when you were a kid?
Me:  Um, no.

No comments: