Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Thankful November: Day 2 (a day late again)

I feel a little better about this one being late because it was for a good reason ... our power went out yesterday afternoon for just over 3 hours.  And, ironically, that led to a whole bunch of good things.  I was in the grocery checkout line buying a week's worth of groceries when it went out, and my mom was awesome enough to let me put all my refrigerated and frozen foods into their outdoor fridge/freezer.  My sister gave my husband and I a gift card to a restaurant we love, so we used that and got ourselves dinner.  I got to see this awesome sunset while picking up said food.


And I had these three lovely people to come home to.  


 The kids had never really experienced a nighttime power outage like this, but they made the best of it.  And all of us said electricity was something we were glad for at dinner ... nothing like a good power outage to remind you of what you've got.

Here's hoping this is the last late day!

No comments: