Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas 2011: Early Celebration with the Maxeys

Ugh, I started writing this weeks ago and have yet to post it (along with the other billion pictures I took over the holidays).  So, in efforts to share the fun in a "timely" - you're already laughing, aren't you? - fashion, I am going to provide only a little commentary and let the pictures do the talking.  I hope you enjoy seeing a little of our holiday doings, and I hope yours were as happy and fun as ours were!

We did Christmas a little early with my parents and sister because we weren't going to be able to get together for Christmas day like usual, and we wanted to be able to not have to move at break-neck speeds.  The kids appreciated this most of all, I believe, and were really able to enjoy their gifts.  Namely ...

... a Speed Race parking garage for Baylor ...




... and a new baby doll for Miss Mollie.  (She also got an insanely life-like stuffed dog from my sister and actually squealed with delight upon opening it ... of course, I missed all of that with my camera.  No matter, I've no doubt you'll become acquainted with Buddy the Dog very soon.)








Oh, and Legos!  How could I possibly forget the Legos?!


We polished a fun day off with a little Christmas movie viewing (though I can't remember which one, it was so long ago!).


It was a wonderful, relaxing start to the holiday festivities!  The kids got some great toys, Bryson and I were thankful for all the wonderful gifts we received, and I finally got to give some of the gifts I had been accumulating for nearly a month.  Thank you to the Maxeys of Grand Rapids for making the holidays so special, as usual.

No comments: