Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas 2011: Offerings for Santa and the Reindeer

So, of course, being the awesome blogger I am, I didn't take any pictures of our Christmas eve celebration with my in-laws.  It was not in any way meant to slight them; I just got so swept up in all I had to do (from making food gifts to baking a dessert for the evening - both of which turned out less awesome than I had anticipated, giving me much to be stressed about in spite of the holiday cheer) that by the time I got to the event I needed to just veg and enjoy the company.  So I did.  In fact, we enjoyed the evening so much that we got home late, which is just cruel to do to a kid on Christmas eve when they want to help put out treats for Santa.  So, I did it for them and took some pictures.

Baylor asked that we give the reindeer some apples, a new holiday treat for them since we usually offer out carrots for Santa's chauffeurs.



Lucky kids that they are, Santa left them a note.


Yeah, I know Santa is busy, running around to every house in the world in one night and all, but he could have at least shut the fireplace door.


But he left some pretty awesome gifts for the kids by the hearth and in their stockings, so I guess we can let that slide.

Our tree looked so beautiful with all the ornaments and lights and gifts.  Yes, I realize it's listing to the left a bit, but that's part of its charm.  (And yes, we're getting a new angel next year to replace the semi-satanic one we currently have that perpetually leans forward eerily watching over us all through the Christmas season.)


I hope your Christmas was magical too!

No comments: