Monday, November 4, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 361 (getting there ...)

Today I am grateful that I've noticed the subtle changes in the kids lately, those little nuances of their mannerisms and speech and characters that are slowly but surely evolving as they get older.  Mollie, in particular, seems to be going through somewhat of a language/personality explosion; she is speaking more clearly and with much more emotion and affect than ever before, and she's very into her play ... always moving, often living life as someone else entirely (a dog, a doctor, another little girl much like herself but with a bizarre name), and pretty much always ready to read or play or read or play.  And Baylor, now that school is a more normal event, is settling back into his usual sweet self with only occasional, quite predictable outbursts.  He sings now, all the time; it's like his teacher turned on the switch and now he'll sing whenever and wherever he chooses (but not whenever and wherever someone else wants him to ... we're still working on that one).  Whether it's something he's heard at school or something he's made up all on his own, the little man has a song in his heart and he's ready to share it with the world.

And, lucky me, I get to witness all this and more.  I get to see these two change on a daily basis whether I know it or not, and I'm so grateful that - at least lately - I've noticed just how much my babies are growing up.  I wouldn't miss this for the world, and I need to remember that when little things start to get in the way.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: