Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dirty Dish Days and a Wrinkle-Free Life

Our dishwasher is malfunctioning. I don't know exactly how or why, but it is. The water I usually hear swishing in it as it moves through its cycles is absent ... all I hear is an empty whirr. Now I know that a dishwasher isn't a necessity; I could wash our dishes by hand and they would be just as clean. But a dishwashing machine makes life a little easier, a little less chaotic. And for anyone who has stress in their life, either from a baby or a job or whatever, the modern conveniences that help out around the house can make all the difference in the world.

As I mentioned in my first post, I plan on telling you about products I like. What I didn't say is that most of the products I like do just what my dishwasher does when it is in working order ... they help make things run a little more smoothly in my life. The first product I would like to write about are Eddie Bauer wrinkle-resistant shirts. My husband wears these shirts for work almost exclusively because they look nice, are comfortable, and don't have to be drycleaned or ironed. As long as I get them out of the dryer while they are still warm, they come out wrinkle-free; if I forget to get them out while they are warm, all I have to do is start up the dryer again for a bit and they are again splendidly without wrinkles.

While these shirts are by no means a necessity (I could just as easily get him other work shirts and they would be just as nice), they make my life so much easier by eliminating a step from the laundering process. And for that I am SO grateful.

Once I figure out how, I will be putting pictures up on this blog ... so stay tuned!

No comments: