Monday, November 17, 2008

My First Blog!

As I was putting a load of laundry into the dryer today, I started thinking about what I'd like to write about. Like most people, I have opinions about all sorts of things, but I began to wonder what OTHER people would really like to hear about. I'm not an expert on anything ... I don't know a lot about politics or economics ... I'm not even really working right now (except my 24/7 job of taking care of my son and my husband). So what could I possibly have to say?

Then it dawned on me. In the ten weeks I have been a mother and three years I have been a wife, I may have learned a few things. Nothing earth-shattering, of course, but who knows ... what I have learned may be of use to someone else. So I guess I'll write about what I've learned about mothering (tips, tricks, useful products, etc.) and wife-ing (ditto).

And who says a blog has to be about answers ... I have A LOT of questions. I'm a new mother, a relatively new wife, and a homeowner. I have a million questions running through my brain all day long ... am I doing this right? are my boys happy? what should I be doing here? what's that smell and how do I make it go away?

Along the way I plan to post pictures of products I like and people I love (which, of course, includes my beautiful son) since people love pictures ... and since I got a new camera for my birthday a couple weeks ago and can't stop taking pictures.

Tomorrow I'll start with a normal post. For today, I'll just end it here and wish you a wonderful afternoon! Hope you enjoy my slice of a beautiful life.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Fantastic! Welcome to the blog world - cannot wait to see pictures of your boys! They are cute. =]