Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poop Everywhere

Yup, that's right ... there is poop everywhere. Not literally, of course, but sometimes it certainly feels that way. I had just gotten out of the shower today when my ten-week-old son went in his drawers and all over himself. Instead of changing him on his nice, cushy changing table upstairs, I schlepped him all the way downstairs to the changing table on his pack n' play. Why? Because that one has disposable changing pads on it. Now, I know it's not overly P.C. to use disposable changing pads, but sometimes they make my life a little easier. I do so much laundry during the week that occasionally it's nice just to be able to throw something away and be done with it. Once when my husband was changing him and left his diaper off for too long, our son pooped and peed on the disposable pad; not only were we able to just throw it away but it kept the mess from running everywhere. We really like the ones from Babies R' Us ... they are inexpensive, have a waterproof backing, and can fold up really thin to fit into a diaper bag or purse.

And speaking of diaper disposal, I just LOVE the Diaper Genie II. It is sooooo easy to use and really does keep most, if not all, of the smell out of the air. Again, both of these conveniences are not necessities, but they certainly do make a mom's life easier.

No comments: