Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ergo Baby Carrier and The Christmas Tree


Today we went to find a Christmas tree for my parents and sister. We always go to a tree farm north of town and trudge around in the cold, debating the virtues of the trees we find. My twelve week-old son came with us, in spite of the plummeting temperatures and the threat of snow. We bundled him up in two rompers, his earflap hat, and mittens, and then settled him into the Ergo Baby Carrier I purchased a couple weeks ago. I had tried out a Baby Bjorn I borrowed from my friend and while it felt secure and was easy to get him into, I ended up with a backache after only a short period of time. After doing a little research online, I found a place in town that sells the Ergo Baby Carrier, so I checked it out and decided to give it a try. Our outing today was our first extended time using it, and I have to say it went extremely well! My back didn't hurt, my son didn't mind being in it, and it kept him warm and mostly out of the wind. I'd highly recommend it to any new mother; it is an investment at $105, but it can be used for children up to 40 lbs. so you'll get your money's worth out of it.


Anyhow, we eventually found a tree and got it back to my parents' house. My son spent some time playing on the floor while we adults decorated the tree. He got to help put on one ornament of his own and then just enjoyed watching us work.
Sometime this week he'll get to help put up our Christmas tree, and I have a feeling he'll love it ... our faux tree has old-fashioned, big-bulbed lights on it, and he has a thing for lights right now. Until then, he'll just have to enjoy the tree at Oma and Grandpa E's house.




1 comment:

Shan said...

Nicole! This is Shannon Hoorn. :D I love your blog and I must say...I LOVE my Ergo baby carrier too! Russ still wears Jack (22 months) around in it...and, if I wasn't pregnant, I would probably still wear him too!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Shannon