Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, to anyone who is reading this!

This is a special Thanksgiving for me as it is my son's first Thanksgiving. I have so many things to be grateful for this year, some wonderful and some bittersweet.





First, I am so very thankful for my son. We waited so long for him, but he was definitely worth the wait. He is a sweet, healthy little boy and I just adore him. His little smile brightens my day and makes my heart fill with joy. Even if I'm in a hurry, the world slows down a bit and gets a million times better if I see him smile or hear him coo. I am also thankful that he was born via a planned c-section; not only was he a big baby (weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. 10 oz.), but he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice and over the top of his head so it would have ended up being an emergency c-section anyhow.




Second, I am thankful for my husband. He is a wonderful man, a fantastic father, and my best friend. We've had a couple rocky spots as we have transitioned into parenthood, to be sure, but it is all worthwhile in the end. And I am thankful that he has a good job; in these uncertain times we are very fortunate, and I feel extraordinarily lucky that I am able to stay home with our son.





Third, I am thankful for our families. They have helped us out immensely both before and after the birth of our son. From making dinners, to watching him while I shower or shop for groceries, to showering us with love and understanding, I am so grateful to have them in our lives.



Fourth, I am so grateful for my Uncle Craig. While he is no longer with us, I am so happy to have known him and I hope he is now at peace. I wish he had been able to meet our son, but he passed away the day before he was born. I miss Uncle Craig a lot, but I know he is watching over us and I hope he is at peace and finally feeling better.

For all our family, friends, health, and wealth I am thankful. Have a wonderful day!




No comments: