Friday, September 3, 2010

NFL Draft: Couldn't Dodge This One

My husband put together an NFL fantasy league this year, as he has done in years past, and we got together the other night for a little draft. Other members in our league joined us via the Internet, and it was as good a time as you can have choosing players for a fake team. (I am in the league to give them an even number of teams ... ah woo hoo!)

We all gathered 'round the kitchen table at our house and set up as many computers as we could find.


Mollie got to enjoy some of the draft from the exciting seat of her jumperoo.


And Baylor ran around, landing occasionally on various people's laps.


Tiring of the jumperoo, Mom picked up Mollie and she went around to visit people (a.k.a. pull their hair). First Daddy ...


... then Aunt Christine ...


... but not Grandpa E! She seems to intuitively know not to mess with his hair - at least not this time.


Then she got to have dinner.


Overall the draft seemed to go well. The kids and I got to draft first; our team name is "Sh*t Happens" ... because, well, it does! Anyhow, we drafted Chris Johnson first, a spontaneous move on my part since I had intended on drafting Adrian Peterson, only to later find out that Mr. Johnson wears a grill. Come on! Are you kidding me?! He better play well in spite of his idiotic dental wear.

After the draft, the kids got to play with Oma, Grandpa E, and Aunt Christine a little bit before they headed home. Mollie finally got her hands on her brother's map puzzle.


And Baylor worked on the puzzle sans pants!


We'll see what this season brings, but please root for Sh*t Happens! (For my sanity's sake, I'm trying to get into this whole NFL thing ... but it pains me.)

No comments: