Friday, September 17, 2010

Pre-Illness Nesting?

I have been remarkably absent from the blog this week, in spite of me taking over 150 pictures in between my post last Sunday and this one now. It has been a crazy, whirlwind sort of week, full of busyness and such, but it has oddly dragged on ... probably because we had an event this weekend we were looking forward to.

Why the past tense, you ask?

Well, my husband came down with the stomach flu early Thursday morning. That's why. So, our grand plans of introducing our children to the grand fall tradition of football tailgating will have to wait until health returns to our house. We have no idea how many of us are going to catch this bug or when it will take hold if we do catch it, so we're essentially quarantining ourselves off from the rest of the world.

In the dreadful process of waiting for the other shoe to drop, I have developed a sort of odd nesting-type of behavior. Almost in preparation for getting sick, or something. I cleaned the toilet last night at 12:45 a.m. in case I had to look at it up close during the middle of the night at any point. The kitchen is picked up so I don't have to look at clutter should I be feeling my worst sometime in the near future. It's weird, but I really do have an overwhelming urge to clean. Maybe it's just so I can control something while I essentially wait to get sick (or not ... hopefully not).

Anyhow, hopefully I'll be able to post some of the many pictures I have on my camera sometime soon. And keep your fingers crossed that the kids and I can weather the weekend without getting sick!

No comments: