Friday, September 24, 2010

Sorry, But ...

I may be getting myself into trouble with this post, but I started thinking a lot after my last post and something was truly bothering me.  In the last paragraph I apologized for whining then added, "but ..." and went on to basically negate my honest apology.  An "I'm sorry, but ____" is not a true apology; if one was really sorry, he/she would leave it at I'm sorry or expand on feelings of contrition. 

I had more to say on this, but my eloquence has left me at the moment. 

So, simply ...
I apologize for my last post.  I was in the midst of a pity party and looking back on my words I am saddened I put all my "misery" out there.  Truth be told, I am lucky; after this stomach flu is done and over with, I get to go back to being healthy.  Many people are dealing with much worse issues than having to eat a bland diet and stay inside for a few days. 

For my whining and narrow-mindedness, I am truly sorry.

No comments: