Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 238

Today I am grateful that I took the time to read during nap time this afternoon.  I usually fill the time up with doing dishes, general tidying up, occasionally switching the laundry, and often getting sucked into episode after episode of Parks and Rec/New Girl/Modern Family/The Office/etc.  I was so exhausted today, however, that I just sat at my desk and read.  I would have loved to have enjoyed a nice comfy seat on the couch in the living room, but that was just an invitation to sleep and I don't do well with little naps.  I love to read, I have for as long as I can remember, and since we've had kids I have found myself reading less and less, particularly for pleasure; I don't really like to count potty training books as "reading for pleasure" as potty training is a horror itself.

Anyhow, I was happy I just sat and read this afternoon and gave myself a good break.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: