Monday, July 8, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 244

Today I am grateful to have gotten three loads of laundry done and bread made.  Looking around the house, I am disheartened by how messy things are, how unkempt it all looks, and this morning I let the clutter and disorganization get the better of me.  Frustrated by my lack of concentration and follow through, I worked myself up to a sad state; so sad, in fact, that both kids tried to comfort me independent of one another.  (It is a humbling thing to have your own children comfort you.  I was both disappointed and embarrassed that I wasn't holding it together for them and so proud of them for being so compassionate.  Such a bittersweet moment, to be sure.)

In any case, I am glad that I was able to turn it around a bit and make a small dent in the mess.  Baby steps, right?

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: