Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 260

Today I am grateful for an amazing gift our vacation unexpectedly gave me.  When we go on vacation, I try very hard (and am usually very successful) at taking a break from electronics.  I sent one e-mail over the trip because I needed to make sure an appointment was secured and had forgotten to before we left, but otherwise I abstained completely from the internet.  And in that time I received from the absence of electronics, I regained my love of reading.

For as long as I can remember I have had a great love of reading, diving into a good story and not coming up for air for as long as possible.  It's not something I can really do with how-to books and self-help books, which is what I have been, by and large, reading over the last couple years.  (Parenthood will do that to you, though.)  No, a good novel is like dessert for my soul, and I am so glad to have been able to indulge as of late.

Speaking of which, I have a book to enjoy!

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: