Monday, June 7, 2010

Awesome Toy: Melissa & Doug Clock

I thought it was about time for Baylor to have a clock of his own so he can start figuring out time, and I was hoping it would help him anticipate activities (bedtime, departure times, etc.) better. After searching high and low for the best deal on a Judy clock, I went into a local toy store to see if they had one (in part so I could avoid paying shipping). As it turns out, I found something much better than I had anticipated.

Behold the Melissa & Doug Wooden Shape Sorting Clock!



This toy is awesome, and Baylor has been in love with it from the start. He loves pointing out the colors and shapes (including the "quatrefoil" or "clover" at 1:00) and we're starting to work on time and how to read a clock. Yesterday he successfully (and spontaneously) put the hands in the correct position and proclaimed "six o'clock"!

Anyhow, I digress. It is an awesome toy for any child and is a steal at only $12.99!

No comments: