Friday, June 25, 2010

Go Green: Love For Earth buys

Remember the package from an Etsy seller I mentioned? Well, it finally arrived a couple days after that post, and I am happy to finally report that I have tried (and love) everything I got!

I bought three items from Love for Earth on Etsy. I found the shop when their reusable cloth napkins came up on the ticker at the bottom of the Etsy home page. I was looking for ways to go green, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity!

I purchased a set of 40 cloth napkins, and so far I just love them! We haven't used enough of them to wash a load of them yet, but I'm sure we'll get there soon. They are incredibly soft and do a wonderful job of wiping up faces, hands, and counters!

Whenever we go out to eat with Baylor, I always put a wet washcloth in a plastic baggy so I can quickly and easily wash his face wherever we are. I didn't like throwing away said baggy every time, though, so when I saw the zipper-top reusable sandwich bags I had to have one. It does a great job of keeping the moisture in, and so far it has only needed a good wipe-down afterwards to stay clean.



Finally, I ordered some reusable produce bags! They came in this adorable recycled cotton bag.


Yes, seven may have been over-kill, but I know I'll use them ... just maybe not all at once!


They come in three different sizes, great for varying amounts and sizes of fruits and veggies! I used the largest one to hold about six apples, though it probably could have held up to eight or so. The middle size was perfect for a green pepper or two. And the smallest size was a little big for a head of garlic, but MUCH better than a giant, disposable plastic bag like they offer at the store. Also, the bags are incredibly light, so they don't really add any weight to your produce, and therefore don't increase the cost.


I could totally see bringing these to the farmer's market to score some delicious summer harvest!

Check out Love for Earth and all that they have to offer!
And go green!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look fantastic! So great that you are enjoying the "green" journey.