Friday, June 11, 2010

Hair Cut Number Five: Summer Cut

Bryson and I decided that, since his hair is very thick, Baylor should probably have a summer hair cut to help keep him cool. So, the other day, Mollie and I took him to Snip Its to get a cut.

He seemed much more comfortable when we got there than in times past, even though that kid seated in the background had been sobbing and screaming at the top of his lungs when we initially got there.


It was quite busy, so we had a bit of a wait. During that time, he inspected everything.

I told him this sign had eight sides ... he told me it was an octagon. Atta boy!

Neither of us, however, could figure out what the red button did.


He liked pointing out what colors were in the pictures behind him.


Finally, it was time for his hair cut. He balked at first when I put him in the chair, but there was a buckle to fasten and that is his specialty.


Almost his entire hair cut required electric trimmers, so the stylist and I spent some time showing him that they weren't scary. Then she went to work. And my little boy disappeared.


Look how long that hair on the top is!


Mollie slept through every second of it ... and it was pretty loud in there with all the kids, blow dryers, and trimmers.


Shorn like a sheep.

Still handsome, but looking so much older!


I miss my little boy, but hopefully he'll stay cooler as the weather heats up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He looks gorgeous!

My husband wants to cut Xavier's hair and I just can't do it. I keep telling him, "and then we can just send him off to university."

I don't know what it is about me not wanting to cut his hair, maybe it's because he is unlikely to have it long as he gets older, so I am just enjoying the hair while I can.

I think I'm just being silly :).