Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Southwestern Turkey Chili

Yeah, I really don't feel like posting another recipe, but Blogger isn't allowing me even the chance to upload pictures right now, so there ya go.

I got this recipe out of the Sunday paper a couple weekends ago, courtesy of a Del Monte ad, and it was delicious!

Southwestern Turkey Chili
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6

Ingredients
3/4 lb. ground turkey*
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte Diced Tomatoes
2 cans (8 oz. each) Del Monte Tomato Sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can (15.25 oz.) Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, drained
1 can (15 oz.) low-salt kidney beans, drained

Directions
1. Cook turkey with onion in a large skillet, 5 minutes.
2. Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, corn, and beans.  Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese, lime wedges, and top with light sour cream and cilantro, if desired.**

*The ground turkey I found only came in 1.5 lbs. packages so that's what I used, and it didn't seem too meaty to me.

** I just put Cheddar cheese on top and it was delicious. 

Also, I used as many "no salt" options as I could find at the store.  It really didn't need all that extra sodium, and the flavor was still fantastic.

No comments: