Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blast from the Past: My Flower Girl Dress!

Twenty-eight years ago, I was a flower girl in my aunt's wedding in Maine.  My grandma made my dress for me, evidently to match my mom's matron-of-honor dress.  After I wore it, in typical mom-fashion, it got stowed away for "the future".  We are now in the future, apparently, and last night the dress was brought out along with a bunch of other "for the future" clothes my mom had saved over the years.  This one just begged to be tried on, though, as Mollie is nearly the same age I was when I wore it.  



As is the case with most dresses, Mollie loved wearing it and was more than happy to oblige when we asked her to spin around in it.  This was her face after she finished twirling.


Too cute for words!


Tired of having her picture taken, at least for the moment, she asked me to join her at the dinner table.  (This, by the way, has been in my family for generations and has endured many coats of paint.  When it was with us, I believe it was white with blue sponge painting on it.  Dad, bless his heart, recently refinished this set, as well as the accompanying hutch and stove/oven.  They look awesome!)  As we sat there, I got an idea ...


The only memory I really have of my time as a flower girl, and most likely it's because I have been told of it so much, is when a little boy at the party stole my slice of wedding cake.  There is this awesome picture of me giving him a WTF look, so I thought it would be funny to try to get Mollie to reenact it.  She did her best, for sure, but it's tough to not laugh sometimes.



In the end, she just went for the big "Cheese!".


I'll have to see if I can find that picture of me and my slice of cake being stolen.  Until then, enjoy the vintage cuteness!


UPDATE:  I found the picture!  That dude is stealing my cake!


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.