Tuesday, September 25, 2012

That's What They Said: The Sweet and The Silly

Here's what the kids have been chatting about these days ...

Mollie pretending her apple slices are talking to one another
Apple 1: Mollie eating us?
Apple 2: Yeah.
Apple 1: Okay.

Mollie on her illness ...
"I have beaver."  (She had a fever.)

Baylor: Mom, here's a peanut butter and jam sandwich!
Me:  Excellent!
Baylor:  Excelente!

Bryson:  Baylor, you can only go down to the water with an adult.  What is an adult?
Baylor:  Someone who takes care of kids.

Baylor:  Mollie, come here!  I have this thing I can use to take your temperature.
Me:  Baylor, it's called a thermometer.
Baylor:  Mollie, I have a thermometer.  Come over here and let me take your temperature!
Mollie:  (very cheerfully)  Okay!
Me:  Baylor, just don't actually put it in her mouth, okay?
Then I looked, and Mollie was lifting up her dress and starting to undo her diaper ... 'cuz she still gets her temp taken at that end.  *sigh*
Me:  Mollie!  Don't put anything in your tushie!  You guys, just pretend, okay?

Mollie:  I wuv Poonlickers!  (translation:  "I love Spoonlickers!" - a local frozen yogurt shop)

Baylor:  (holding the door open for me)  After you, good sir!

Baylor:  Mommy, would you like to buy a popsicle?
Me:  What kind do you have?
Baylor:  Green, white, and red.  (Like a firecracker popsicle.)
Me:  Hm ... sure.  How much is it?
Baylor:  Twenty-seven.
Me:  Twenty-seven what?
Baylor:  Bucks.
Me:  Twenty-seven bucks?!  I don't have that much money.
Baylor:  Hm ... okay.  It's free!


No comments: