Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homework? Already?!

As I read the information packet I got about preschool, I noticed that they would be sending home what amounts to be homework every Friday.  There would be a poem to read together, then there would be an activity on the back for him to complete before Monday.  I had a feeling this wouldn't go over well, so I tried to put as positive a spin on it as I could.

The first week's homework ... well, Baylor wouldn't do it.  Bryson had to sit down next to him and color with him to get him to do anything.  The assignment was to color a picture of what he likes to do at preschool.  He ended up drawing some marble works pieces and writing "games" and "eat".  




For his second week of homework, he had to circle all the "A"s and "a"s in the poem on the front, then draw a picture of someone who would like a bear hug on the back of the paper.  He decided to draw me and reluctantly did so, but apparently my hair is a hot mess that covers my face most of the time.  Oh, and he wanted to write something on it, so he added my age - a nice big "30" next to my picture - and "mom".



So we'll see how homework goes in the coming weeks.  Homework was, hands down, my least favorite part of school, but this homework is fun and easy and I'm hoping it sets up a positive association with homework for Baylor.  *Knock on wood!*

No comments: