Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 331

Today I am grateful for something Mollie said right before I tucked her into bed.  This evening was perfectly awful, and my mood was bottoming out right about then.  I am not getting enough sleep and I was frustrated at how insanely long dinner took and the dawdling and the ... anyway, it was a long night and I just wanted them to get in bed and sleep.  I took my frustrations out on them a bit, mostly losing my temper and yelling more than I should have, and I was feeling like a terrible mother as I tried to pull myself together, perk up, and get them to bed as happily as possible.  As I went in to kiss Mollie for a second time, she gave me a huge hug and said, "You're the best mommy in the world!"

Thank you, dear girl, for saying that.  For showing me that though I might behave poorly at times, you can still feel my love for you.  And I do so love you.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: