Monday, October 21, 2013

That's What They Said: Sweet Honesty

Amalia:  (to Bryson after he came in from mowing smelling like grass and gas)  You smell like punishment!


Me:  Baylor, how did you do on your lunch today?  Did you eat everything?
Baylor:  You'll have to look and see.
Me:  Baylor ... can you just tell me?
Baylor:  Okay.  I didn't drink any of my water.
Me:  Oh, okay.  Are you thirsty?
Baylor:  Yeah.
(I handed him his water bottle, and he drank as quickly as he could.)
Baylor:  Mommy, you should make me a shirt that says "Thirstiest Man Alive", and I can wear it on days I don't drink my water at school.



Amalia:  Mommy, this is the Dragon King.  (gestures to an imaginary person next to her)
Me:  Oh, yeah?
Amalia:  (smiling)  Yeah, he wants to marry me!  (turns to imaginary Dragon King)  I will love you and take care of you for-ev-er!  (then leans in for a kiss)



Baylor:  Mommy, Mollie got a gold medal.
Me:  That's nice, dearie.
Baylor:  Yeah, I gave her a gold medal in footsie games.

No comments: