Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reading List



My son loves it when we read to him. It could be, perhaps, because we read to him even before he was born ... who knows. Either way, he has certain books that he just loves; he listens intently whenever we read them.





Here's my baby boy's reading list (in no particular order):



1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
Good message, great rhyming ... a true classic.



2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
A Christmas gift from his grandpa ... one I loved as a child.



3. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
My husband reads this to him with such vigor, possibly in the hopes that he will learn to try all sorts of foods.



4. ABC by Dr. Seuss
A fun way to learn the alphabet, complete with made up words. And there's nothing like Dr. Seuss playing in your head all day ... "Aunt Annie's Aligator ... AaA"



5. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
A tough book to read, but one of his favorites by far. Makes you wonder if Dr. Seuss was on something when he wrote it.



6. Gossie by Olivier Dunrea
One of my favorites for him about a gosling who loses her boots. Cute as can be.



7. On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier
A gift from my high school German teacher (Thanks, Frau!). It teaches him about our world ... and the end makes me cry every time.

8. Clifford the Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell
A classic and a great introduction to the world of Clifford.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Love You Forever - Robert Munsch I found the book that my dad used to read to my sister and I every night! It's a good one :o) it doesnt so much rhyme though

Aubrey said...

We loved "In a People House" when we were little - My mom had to read it SO many times...

Anonymous said...

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is one of my favorites so naturally I read it to Ellie all the time. Christa VanHorn just told me that they are making a movie of it coming out September of this year!