Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weird Dream

So I had a weird dream this morning (sometime between 7:00 a.m. and 8:40 a.m.).

My husband, son, and I were on a vacation with Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, one of the Pussycat Dolls (not the lead singer), Suri, and some other baby at what seemed to be a wild west theme park. I thought the Pussycat Doll girl was a nanny, but it turned out later that she was another wife for Tom ... didn't know Scientologists did that, but oh well.

We were all walking down this dusty dirt road, my husband pushing my son in the stroller, when a "flash flood" came rolling down the street past a covered wagon that was just ahead of us. I got swept up in it and lost sight of my boys (and the rest of our party). Somehow I ended up going through one of the windows in the covered wagon and as the water (which was actually more the consistency of KY Jelly) lowered I saw that I was floating in the wagon with one of the theme park employees. He confirmed that it was a man-made flash flood that the park was trying out as one of its attractions, which I had long suspected. I then realized that my husband and infant son weren't with me and started to cry. The employee said that the park was trying to be conscientious of the fact that small children might be in the crowd and that hopefully he had been diverted.

Just then, another wave came up and again I was under "water", tumbling head over heels in the covered wagon. Suddenly all the "water" drained out and I was left sittting, soaking wet, on the floor of what seemed to be the basement of a shopping mall with Katie. She seemed to be less than thrilled that all this had happened, but then I realized that she was more stoic (almost robotic) than merely pissed off. We got on an elevator going up, and when the doors opened my husband and son were standing there, safe and sound! Whew.

They got on the elevator with us and we all went back down a couple floors to the food court area where Tom and the Doll were feeding Suri and the baby. Tom looked at us and I could tell from his expression, though robotic, that he was not happy with Katie for disappearing for so long (even though she had no control over it). As it turns out, Suri is very, very articulate for her age, but she seems to have no joy in her demeanor. She walked around and also seemed very robotic. I should mention, though, that they weren't actually robots ... it all just seemed very Stepford and cold.

My husband looked pissed at having to hang around these people without me, so I gave him a look of apology as he heated up some ravioli in a microwave for our son (who still had no teeth in my dream ... I don't quite know what my husband was thinking). Just then ...

my alarm clock went off.

If Tom Cruise and his two wives are anything like they were in my dream, I don't think I want to be friends with them.

No comments: