Monday, July 26, 2010

Cloth Diapering Saga: How's It Going?

So, I started writing about this whole cloth diapering thing and then I stopped, huh? Well, it's pretty much because things are going well. I'm doing it. Can you believe it? Mollie is in them almost all the time, and we've had much success with her in cloth: almost no diaper rashes, few leaks, and a pretty easy time diapering the little lass.

Baylor, on the other hand, has been a bit more of a challenge. He has been in disposable diapers for so long that cloth feels weird to him, and he often balks at having a cloth diaper on his tushy - which can often lead to a wrestling session. He also leaks a bit more because he pees a lot more than his sister, and I still haven't made it to the store to buy more soaker pads for him. Plus, his shorts sometimes sneak into his diaper and soak up moisture in spite of my best efforts to keep this from happening.

Neither kid sleeps in cloth at night (too tough for me to diaper her in the dark and too much pee coming from him), so we still use disposables a bit. But we're into cloth and it is working well for us. I do a load of diapers about every two to three days, and though my laundry room now smells like poop (it's also where we change diapers and keep the dirty ones) I'm happy with this change.

So that's the update. If you have any questions feel free to ask! And have a wonderful day!

No comments: