Thursday, July 29, 2010

Playing with Food

At one of our local shopping malls there is a play place where breakfast food looms large and begs to be played with. Ordinarily I view this area as a petri dish of germs and kid sweat, but I tried to overlook that the other day when my mom suggested Baylor get to play there.

Surprise, surprise ... he loved it!

I mean, shriek-at-the-top-of-his-lungs LOVED it!!!

The bacon - or "ribbon" as he called it - was probably his favorite.


But the eggs were certainly fun, too.

He didn't seem to recognize that the banana was, in fact, a banana, but he enjoyed it just the same.


And the big bowl of milk, cereal, and blueberries?


He scaled that without a problem.


Though the getting down part was a little rough.


"The edge has to be here somewhere, right?"


"Ah, found it! Ooh, but I may have tucked too early."


"Ah, I got it!"


"Ribbon!"


He thought the breakfast sausages should have been a tunnel and didn't bother playing on them once he figured out they weren't.


Wedged in the banana.


More cereal ... and a kid curiously without a shirt. Hm ...


"Ribbon! Ribbon! Ribbon!"




SO MUCH FUN!!


We, of course, wet-wiped his hands once he got done playing, but he ended up licking the "milk" on one of his trips into the cereal bowl so I have a feeling if he gets sick it'll be from that. *sigh* Can't protect them from everything, right?

And now, I have a feeling, this will be a staple of our trips to the mall ... along with a ride up and down the elevator.

No comments: