Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just Over A Year ...

It's hard to believe that Mollie has been in our lives for over a year now. Yeah, she's only four months old, but we learned about her presence just over a year ago (July 28th, if I remember correctly).

It all started with this photo in the Banana Republic Outlet dressing room, a shocking realization that something was most definitely up.

Followed the next morning with an "Oh ... my ... God!"

I so wanted to tell Bryson in some weird, wacky, fun way that I was pregnant but I ended up blurting it out while in traffic near the corner of Kalamazoo and 28th. That spot still holds a special place in my heart, and I think of that moment every time I drive through that magical corner.

Our first glimpse of her beautiful face.


And my protruding belly the morning of the fall.


And then, in the flashiest of flashes, she was here, in my arms.


Doing amazing things like meeting her brother.


Who knew I'd have such a tiny baby after my 10 lbs. 10 oz. baby boy?!


Who knew that after positively swimming in her going home outfit (which I almost accidentally consigned the other day!!) ...


... that she would grow enough to be wearing 9 month clothing at only 4 months of age!

She hasn't liked her car seat from the get-go. But really, who can blame her?


She was truly a newborn baby, something I hadn't really experienced much with Baylor; right out of the oven he was bigger than some 3 month-olds.


But as she filled out ...


... and brought out her personality ...


... she's grown into the girl we know and love today.


Amalia, we love ya and we can't wait to see who you become in the months and years ahead!

No comments: